Ruth Chabay and Bruce Sherwood
The WebAssign Advantage
- All end-of-chapter problems are available in WebAssign, so you can provide students with assignments and tests that support the focus of the textbook.
- Questions have been designed by the textbook authors to take advantage of the unique capabilities of WebAssign.
- Every problem includes a link to the appropriate section of a complete eBook.
- Many problems include solutions, available to students at your discretion.
- A course pack is available with ready-to-use assignments built specifically for this textbook. You can customize and schedule any of the assignments you want to use.
- Coming soon: additional instructional and learning resources including course lecture notes and lecture videos, test bank, clicker questions, sample VPython programs, and lab materials.
“We have relied on WebAssign for more than a decade to give our students immediate feedback as they learn to solve complex problems, as well as practice basic skills. We have coded many problems ourselves, and appreciate how easy it is for instructors to create their own WebAssign questions. WebAssign’s seamless interface lets us respond quickly to students’ questions about homework, and offers students economical access to the electronic version of our textbook.”
Learn more about Matter and Interactions, 4th Edition and view a sample assignment.
“The pairing of Matter and Interactions with WebAssign allows for homework assignments that naturally reinforce lessons from the book. For example, WebAssign can automatically generate new versions of a problem related to the Einstein model of a crystalline solid, assigning students ‘their own’ element of the periodic table. Then, students can request a second version of the same problem with a new element: this allows them to see for themselves which aspects of the problem are universal, and which depend on particular details of the atom selected.”
“WebAssign enables me to collect problems, questions, and VPython resources for Matter & Interactions all in one place where students can access them all without having to visit multiple websites. The convenience, along with WebAssign’s existing features, makes it an excellent M&I headquarters during the semester.”
Astronomy and Physics Instructor, Catawba Valley Community College