Simplify Your Instruction – Available Now
To provide you a newly simplified, intuitive LMS integration experience which gives you the ability to quickly and easily set up and customize your course, all with the convenience of automated grade sync, the Cengage LMS Integration is coming to WebAssign! Available for all courses in WebAssign using Cengage and select OER publisher content.
Enhancement: Improved Grade Syncing for Un-attempted Work
This fall, you’ll notice a grade syncing enhancement that will allow you to push a button and send a 0 to your LMS gradebook for un-attempted work in WebAssign.
You will simply be able to click the existing ‘Send Scores to LMS button’ in the Scores view. A zero for un-attempted work will then be sent to your gradebook.
We’ll be continuing to improve this experience and make the process more automated in the future. Reach out to your Account Executive with any questions.
- Easier, More Intuitive Course Set Up: With a new simplified set up at the beginning of your course, you are just a few steps away from both you and your students accessing Cengage resources using your campus’ LMS login.
- Efficiently Customize Content with Deep Linking: Create, schedule, and link new assignments from WebAssign to your LMS course using our intuitive course Content Selector, allowing you to choose which assignments you want synced.
- Synchronize Grades Automatically: Need to have your course grades recorded in your LMS gradebook? No problem. Simply select the activities you want synced, and you’re done!
Supported LMS Platforms
Get single sign on, deep linking, and grade synchronization:
- Blackboard (Due date sync also available)
- Canvas (Due date sync also available)
- Brightspace by D2L
Get single sign-on and deep linking:
- All other platforms that supports LTI 1.0 / IMS Basic LTI Standards
Prior to adopting the Cengage LMS Integration: Work with your Cengage representative to ensure that this is the right option for you. They can confirm that the Cengage tool is added to your LMS by your LMS Administrator and that your textbook has been enabled at your institution.
If you are transitioning from using WebAssign’s prior Basic or Advanced LMS integration, please follow these steps after completing the above:
- Within WebAssign, navigate to your Edit Class settings and if you have the LMS Integration tab, click on it and ensure you either have no LMS options or Basic Integration is chosen.
- If Advanced Integration is chosen, you MUST flip it back to Basic and save PRIOR to utilizing the new Cengage LMS Integration.
Get step-by-step instructions in our Instructor Help LMS Integration support.
Brightspace by D2L
Support for LMS Administrators
Ready to set up the new LMS integration for WebAssign? If your institution is already using the Cengage LMS integration, you are good to go! If not, get ready for a more seamless, intuitive experience for instructors and students.