One of WebAssign’s most powerful features is the ability to create your own questions or modify existing questions in a variety of formats. In addition to detailed documentation and step-by-step video tutorials, our content experts are available to answer questions or provide individualized training about coding WebAssign questions.
Watch the video for step-by-step guidance from the WebAssign content team to get started creating your own questions.
Need Help Getting Started? Access Templates!
Do You Have Questions?
Send the WebAssign Content Team an email and they can help your edit or create a question.
To begin creating your own questions, log into your WebAssign account. In the top left-hand corner of your WebAssign dashboard, select create, then choose question. This will open the Question Editor and you can follow the steps below to create your question.
- Name your question.
- Select your question mode, or how you want your students to submit their answer.
- Within the question box, type your question.
- In the answer field, input the answer.
- For multiple-choice questions, include the correct answer as the first choice, then click enter to add additional answers. Each answer should be displayed on its own line.
- Finally, in the solution box, input any additional feedback you want the students to see after they complete the question.
- Don’t forget to save your question once finished!
For additional question-coding support for specific question types, visit the help page and select your question mode.
Modify Existing Questions
Want to customize an existing question? Use our question editor to copy an existing question and modify it to suit your course.
Existing questions can be your own, or from one of our multiple question content options. Please remember that you must adhere to copyright laws if you choose to modify copyrighted material such as textbook questions. For example, you should remove all images and retain a citation to the original source.
Support and Resources
Prefer live training? Contact us to request a customized training session with a WebAssign content expert.