Help your students become confident, self-sufficient learners with new Learn It modules. Learn It modules address your students’ knowledge gaps with just-in-time instruction that meets their diverse learning styles. Embedded within questions, students are presented a Learn It for immediate targeted instruction and practice on that topic using narrative, videos, and tutorials–all in one place. If the topic is still too challenging, students can choose to continue learning through associated prerequisite Learn Its until they feel confident in their knowledge and preparedness.
Uncover the Story Behind Learn It Modules
Students enter college with a wide range of math expertise, as well as a variety of gaps in prerequisite knowledge. This year, those gaps are even more unpredictable than before due to COVID-related learning loss. Dive deeper into the development of Learn Its and how they’ll provide personalized support to students.
Discover Learn Its in Your Course
Learn Its are available for both math and corequisite math courses and strategically placed in the questions and assignments that benefits from just-in-time remediation
Select Math Courses
In math, over 60,000 WebAssign questions have Learn Its automatically appear as a learning resource tool beneath the question.
Learn Its differ from existing help resources in that they don’t give away the answer or provide a “recipe” for students to follow without understanding. The reading, video, and tutorial questions in the Learn It address the concept students are struggling with. Once the concept is clear, students can use their knowledge to successfully answer the original question that was causing problems for them before.
In math corequisite courses, Learn It modules will appear in chapter prerequisite quizzes as a way to provide just-in-time support after students have incorrectly answered a problem.
Learn Its will be available for fall courses in the prerequisite quizzes in corequisite courses for Liberal Arts Math & Quantitative Reasoning, College Algebra, Precalculus, Algebra & Trigonometry, and Finite Math & Applied Calculus.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do the Learn It modules improve the student experience?
Learn Its give students embedded targeted practice with support for a variety of learning styles, all in one place.
Which courses will have Learn Its?
- All developmental math courses will have Learn Its by Fall 2022, released on a rolling basis. See 'Available' FAQ below for more timing.
- All Math corequisite courses now have Learn Its, with the exception of Larson 10th edition titles. However, you can upgrade to the 11th edition of Larson to gain access to the new Learn Its.
- Note Learn Its are also not included in Statistics corequisite titles at this time.
Which titles have Learn Its?
Corequisite Courses: Available Now
- Learn Its are available for most corequisite solutions as of Fall 2021, with the exception of Larson 10th edition titles and Statistics titles.
Developmental Math Courses:
- Titles with Learn Its Available Now:
- Aufmann/Lockwood/Nation/Clegg, Mathematical Excursions, 4e
- Aufmann’s Mathematics: Journey from Basic Mathematics through Intermediate Algebra 1e
- Aufmann, Mathematics: Discovering Mathematics: A Quantitative Reasoning Approach
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Beginning Algebra_8e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Beginning and Intermediate Algebra_3e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Intermediate Algebra_8e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Introductory and Intermediate Algebra_6e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Intermediate Algebra_9e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Introductory Algebra_9e
- Aufmann/Lockwood_Journey from Basic Math through Intermediate Algebra_1e
- Aufmann/Lockwood Prealgebra and Introductory Algebra_3e
Aufmann’s Journey to Math Literacy, 1e
Aufmann's Basic College Math: An Applied Approach 10e
Aufmann's Prealgebra: An Applied Approach 6e
- Clark Beginning Algebra_2e
- Clark_Intermediate Algebra_2e
- Johnson and Mowry’s, Mathematics: A Practical Odyssey 8e
- Karr/Massey’s Beginning and Intermediate Algebra: A Guided Approach 7e
- Kaul/Britton, Topics in Contemporary Mathematics, 10e
- Larson’s Elementary and Intermediate Algebra: Algebra within Reach 6e
- Larson_Elementary Algebra_6e
- Larson_Intermediate Algebra_6e
- Smith, Nature of Mathematics, 13th edition
- Smith, Mathematics: Its Power and Utility, 10e
- Tussy/Koenig_Basic Mathematics with Early Integers_6e
- Tussy/Gustafson’s Elementary and Intermediate Algebra 5e
- Tussy/Gustafson_Elementary Algebra_5e
- Tussy/Gustafson_Intermediate Algebra_5e
- Tussy's Prealgebra 6e
Where can instructors find the Learn Its?
In developmental math courses, Learn Its will be located as an additional resource in many questions (similar to how learning tools and Watch Its would appear).
To search for Learn Its in developmental math courses:
- Navigate to the Question Search within the Question Browser
- In the search criteria, find the box labeled ‘Comment’ and write ‘Learn It’
- Then, click the search button at the bottom.
Instructors will also have access to a full list of questions with Learn Its located in their instructor resources.
- In corequisite courses, Learn Its are found in the chapter prerequisite quizzes.
- If you do not see the Learn It modules automatically, we recommend re-downloading your prerequisite Course Pack to access the new assignment with Learn Its, especially if you're using a Larson title.
- Once a student interacts with a question and gets it wrong, the Learn It will appear, assuming the instructor hasn’t changed the default assignment settings.
- Watch the video here for a visual demo.
How can I remove or disable the Learn Its?
You can disable Learn It modules just like learning tools (hints, eBook links, Watch It, Master Its etc.) within the assignment settings.