Help your students become confident, self-sufficient learners with new Learn It modules. Learn It modules address your students’ knowledge gaps with just-in-time instruction that meets their diverse learning styles. Embedded within questions, students are presented a Learn It for immediate targeted instruction and practice on that topic using narrative, videos, and tutorials–all in one place. If the topic is still too challenging, students can choose to continue learning through associated prerequisite Learn Its until they feel confident in their knowledge and preparedness.
Uncover the Story Behind Learn It Modules
Students enter college with a wide range of math expertise, as well as a variety of gaps in prerequisite knowledge. This year, those gaps are even more unpredictable than before due to COVID-related learning loss. Dive deeper into the development of Learn Its and how they’ll provide personalized support to students.
Discover Learn Its in Your Course
Learn Its are available for both developmental and corequisite courses and strategically placed in the questions and assignments that benefits from just-in-time remediation
Developmental Math Courses
In developmental math, over 60,000 WebAssign questions have Learn Its automatically appear as a learning resource tool beneath the question.
Learn Its differ from existing help types resources in that they don’t give away the answer or provide a “recipe” for students to follow without understanding. The reading, video, and tutorial questions in the Learn It address the concept students are struggling with. Once the concept is clear, students can use their knowledge to successfully answer the original question that was causing problems for them before.
In Math corequisite courses, Learn It modules will appear in chapter prerequisite quizzes as a way to provide just-in-time support after students have incorrectly answered a problem.
Learn Its will be available for fall courses in the prerequisite quizzes in corequisite courses for Liberal Arts Math & Quantitative Reasoning, College Algebra, Precalculus, Algebra & Trigonometry, and Finite Math & Applied Calculus.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do the Learn It modules improve the student experience?
Learn Its give students embedded targeted practice with support for a variety of learning styles, all in one place.
Which courses will have Learn Its?
- All developmental math courses will have Learn Its by Fall 2022, released on a rolling basis. See FAQ below for more timing.
- All Math corequisite courses will have Learn Its by Fall 2021, with the exception of Larson 10th edition titles. However, you can upgrade to the 11th edition of Larson to gain access to the new Learn Its.
- Note Learn Its are also not included in Statistics corequisite titles at this time.
When will Learn Its be available?
Corequisite Courses: Fall 2021 Classes
- Learn Its will be available for most corequisite solutions for Fall 2021 courses, with the exception of Larson 10th edition titles and Statistics titles.
- Most Learn It modules will be available by, mid-July with the exception of the Larson Precalculus: Real Math, Real People series which will be live by August 15th.
Developmental Math Courses: Rolling; December 2021 - December 2022
- Titles with Learn Its Available July 1, 2021:
- Coming Soon:
- All remaining Beginning and Intermediate Algebra titles in the Clark, Tussy, Karr/Massey, and Aufmann series by end of 2021
- All Prealgebra and Basic Math in the Tussy and Aufmann series by Summer 2022
OpenStax Dev Math (Prealg, Beginning Alg, Intermediate Alg) by end of 2022 (aiming for Fall 2022)
Where can instructors find the Learn Its?
- In developmental math courses, Learn Its will be located as an added resource in many questions (similar to how learning tools and Watch Its would appear).
- The Learn It links will appear automatically as a default.
- Instructors will have access to a full list of questions with Learn Its located in their instructor resources.
- In corequisite courses, Learn Its are found in the chapter prerequisite quizzes.
- If you do not see the Learn It modules automatically, we recommend re-downloading your prerequisite Course Pack to access the new assignment with Learn Its, especially if you're using a Larson title.
- Once a student interacts with a question and gets it wrong, the Learn It will appear, assuming the instructor hasn’t changed the default assignment settings.
- Watch the video here for a visual demo.
How can I remove or disable the Learn Its?
You can disable Learn It modules just like learning tools (Read It, Watch It, Master Its) within the assignment settings.